Marsh McLennan Racial Inclusion and Social Equity MBA Fellowship
Hear From RISE Program Leaders and Sponsors
“We’re committed to the principle of responsible capitalism and doing business in ways that generate a more just and compassionate world. RISE will help us form a more diverse, inclusive and vibrant Marsh McLennan and professional services industry.”
Dan Glaser President & CEO Marsh McLennan
“Our leaders are committed to cultivating a culture in which different experiences and perspectives are valued and celebrated. The RISE executive module will immerse our leaders in a social justice agenda, helping them more fully embrace their roles as inclusive leaders.”
Carmen Fernandez Senior Vice President & Chief People Officer, Marsh McLennan
“Our young prospective members are among the sharpest business minds in the country, and any organization that invests in their success is sure to see an impressive return. We are grateful to Marsh McLennan and Fisk University for their cooperation in making this program a reality, and excited to see the benefits it produces.”
Joseph Handy President & CEO, NBMBAA
“Black MBA candidates have a rich set of experiences to bring to the professional services sector. It will be exciting to see how these cohorts of fellows implement a social justice agenda within their careers and beyond."
Vann Newkirk Sr. President, Fisk University
Meet Our Colleagues
We work every day to create a sense of community where everyone's ideas, contributions and individual strengths and differences are valued and supported.
RISE Program Overview
RISE will welcome Black second-year MBA students and recent graduates, primarily in the US, Canada and UK, to Marsh McLennan and Fisk University, providing them with practical experience tackling client challenges and supporting their growth as change makers for greater equality and inclusion.
• Participate in an immersive social justice program through the John Lewis Center for Social Justice at Fisk University, one of the nation’s oldest historically Black colleges;
• Be embedded in Marsh McLennan business teams to gain first-hand knowledge of the client and industries we serve;
• Receive mentorship and lessons in leadership from Marsh McLennan executives and NBMBAA leaders; and • Complete an assessment of their observations and how they envision embedding social justice into their business careers.
How you'll benefit
• Tackle real-world challenges in areas of risk, strategy and people
• Join the next era of changemakers, developing leading social justice thinking
• Engage in one-on-one coaching and sponsorship for personalized leadership development
• Be considered for full-time placement in one of Marsh McLennan’s four businesses
What you'll experience
• Workshops focused on leadership development and social justice instruction • Thought leadership and mentorship from Marsh McLennan executives and NBMBAA leaders
• A final presentation on your vision to promote an agenda of social justice
Who we're looking for
• Minimum of one year completed in an MBA program
• Involvement with extracurricular activities is a plus, such as volunteering, sports teams or community initiatives
• Must identify as Black, African American, Afro Latinx, Afro Caribbean
• Recommendations from mentors, professors, coaches are a plus
If you have any additional questions about the RISE program please contact us here.